Sunday 24 November 2013

Printing the magic cow.

Got the train back from Rye in the morning, quick dash back to the flat from St Pancras to swap case with bag of paints and straight back out again to head for the Studio. Swung past the print shop to get my positives printed, first fail of the day/another lesson learned - you can't print full bleed - 5mm cut off. Bummer... couldn't print the A3 Image on A2 instead as they didn't stock acetate in that size... I'd only just ordered the mini paper the morning before and had no idea if it had even arrived. Printed small version with fingers crossed for a paper delivery. Managed to stay calm. Then got half way down the high street to the print studio and realised I'd left my big bag of paint and memory stick at the print shop.. not a good start. :)


Got in eventually and someone fixed the counter balance on the bed I was working on for me. Happy days, no more bruised shoulder holding it up while loading paper or being on constant alert for the wooden stick slipping and getting smacked on the back of the head.


 Yellow layer: Super tight registration. Made sure I had everything ready this time before getting started. No 'oh shit I forgot to make the registration tabs!' moments with ink down on the screen. First full bleed print. Wanted to give it a whirl. Apparently it's easier to print on bigger paper and cut down to the edge... oh well...

 Second layer down with no major problems :) I'd forgotten that overlaying colours changes them.. gives print a three colour effect with blue on yellow in the centre.


 The joys of the scrap paper box!! Cow over surprise penis pattern! Sent this one to my mum :) She was amused if a little surprised. Told her I'd added a little extra last minute detailing.


One colour version. Can't make up my mind if this is better.


Finished printing at nine, headed into town to grab something to eat and had cow pulled out for examination at the dinner table. Not good - apparently colours are wrong, head too small, is it a transgender cow?? Confusing male and female attributes. It went on... Magic cows are apparently not to everyones taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment