Monday 4 November 2013

Failing at life and starting over.


Having spent the last three years having a fail at life, driving myself and those around me mad, flitting around trying out various careers that I knew from the word go weren’t going to work out, I’ve managed to get myself back into a print workshop and am now happily covering myself in paint and beginning to feel normal again. 

The last three years have revealed that I am incapable at being told what to do, internships make me very angry and that I need to work with my hands to stop myself from going mental.
On this basis I have decided to stop looking for creative jobs that won’t pay me and instead will pay myself nothing to work at doing something that I enjoy.

This blog was supposed to start a month ago at the beginning of October, the first day that I walked into a trendy east London screen printing studio clutching a sugar sweet drawing of a bear surrounded by bees and tried not to run away. 

However between having just moved everything I owned into a new flat four days beforehand and then keeping myself busy for the last month making every screen-printing mistake in the book I’ve got a little catching up to do.