Saturday 23 November 2013

Down to Rye to get my head together with a sideline in making horrible things.

Decided to head down to my mums for two days to try and chill out a bit. Did some crazy packing at 1am and ended up taking the kitchen sink with me for 2 nights. Had to get some drawing done to print again on Friday having re booked a session and decided to bin the chicken pigeon.

Got reacquainted with Poumpee.

Who was being her usual helpful self.

Went out and about for a bit to check out the local gallery. Some pretty pimp looking screenprints on display. Not a mis registration in sight - had a bit of a mini internal wobbler with recent pigeon cock up in the back of my mind but got over it.


Didn't get any pics of the screenprints too close to the desk but took a few of the lino prints up stairs.



I like the idea of collaging a base layer before printing over the top. The artist has used foil here which I'm not sure would work if you were using water based inks. Thinking of playing around with it though, bit like chine colle prints I had a look at when I did a etching course a year back. 

 Nice colours in this painting. I love orange especially when it's tangerine.

 Some nice mini houses.


Went back to the house and toyed with a cow head from the British Museum for a bit, until Fiona (the mother) said it looked like it was suffering from flowery flatulence. Great.

Instead I moved on to creating something truly horrendous. 







BLEUGH!!!!!!!!!


Went back to the winged cow, managed a crappy mock up before giving up for the day mainly because tasty fish dinner was on the cards. 




No comments:

Post a Comment